This recipe outlines how to make Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers, a tasty appetizer. Jalapeño peppers are filled with a cream cheese and cheddar mixture, wrapped in bacon, and secured with toothpicks. After baking at 400°F (200°C) for 20-25 minutes (with an optional broil for added crispiness), the poppers are ready to be served with dipping sauce.
Jalapeño Poppers with Bacon
- 12 Jalapeño Peppers green, fresh and crisp
- 225 g Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 12 Rashers Bacon streaky bacon is best
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and white pith (as this is where the capsaicin concentrates), creating hollow jalapeño halves. Wear gloves or handle carefully to avoid contact with the capsaicin.
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Fill each jalapeño half with the cream cheese mixture, making sure to mound it slightly.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each cream cheese-filled jalapeño half. Secure the bacon with a toothpick through the middle, so it holds the bacon in place while baking.
- Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the jalapeños are tender.
- You can broil the poppers for an additional 1-2 minutes to achieve extra crispiness on the bacon.
- Carefully remove the toothpicks from the poppers before serving.
- Allow the jalapeño poppers to cool slightly before serving, as they will be very hot.
- Serve the Jalapeño Poppers with Bacon with ranch dressing, sour cream, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy these irresistible Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers that combine the spiciness of jalapeños, the creaminess of cheese, and the savory goodness of bacon in one delicious appetizer!
Below is a video on how to make Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon so that you can cook along with me!
However, if you’re looking for other Jalapeno recipes then try out some of these suggestions below:
If you’re keen to grow your own Jalapenos check out the ChilliChump seed store.