Welcome to our sizzling kitchen, where we’re all about adding a little spice to life! I’m Shaun, also known as ChiliChump, and I’m thrilled to share my latest creation with fellow Chiliheads like you. Today, we’re whipping up a homemade version of Nando’s famous peri peri spicy mayonnaise (yum, I hear you cry), but with an extra fiery twist that will make your taste buds dance with delight.
Our spicy mayonnaise is not your average mayo; it’s packed with the perfect blend of heat and flavor to give your favorite dishes a spicy kick. Whether dipping fries, slathering it on a sandwich, or drizzling it over grilled meats, this zesty condiment will take your culinary experience to a new level.
Join me as we blend fresh peri-peri chilies, aromatic garlic, and a touch of smoky paprika into a velvety spicy mayonnaise base. It’s a breeze to make, and you’ll have a deliciously spicy sauce ready to spice up your meals in no time.
So, if you’re ready to embark on a chili-infused adventure in your kitchen, let’s dive in and create a Spicy Mayonnaise that will leave you craving more. Get your taste buds tingling and prepare for a delightful journey through bold flavors and fiery delights! Let’s get started!
Explore this Recipe
How to Make Spicy Mayonnaise
Spicy Mayonnaise / Perinaise Recipe
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice (or acid of your choice)
- 1.5 Tbsp Mustard (liquid or powdered)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 350 ml Neutral-Flavoured Oil (canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 Fresh Peri Peri Chili (or any other hot chili of your choice)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- Add the egg, lemon juice, mustard, and salt in a tall container.
- Using a stick blender, blend the ingredients until combined.
- Slowly add the oil in drops at the beginning, then gradually increase the flow as the mayonnaise starts to emulsify. Keep blending until it reaches the consistency of traditional mayonnaise.
- Chop the fresh peri-peri chili and garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Add the chopped chili and garlic to the mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle in the smoked paprika and sugar.
- Continue blending until all the ingredients are well combined, and the mayonnaise has a creamy texture.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
If you’d rather make this recipe along with me, click the video link below to my Spicy Mayonnaise recipe:
Spicy Mayo for Sushi, Burgers, Tacos, Salmon, Chicken, French Fries, and more…
Ways to Use Spicy Mayonnaise
- Pair it with soy sauce and wasabi served with sushi bowls (a great alternative to Japanese mayonnaise).
- Use it as a dipping sauce made for fries, chicken tenders, or grilled vegetables.
- Spread it on chicken sandwiches or wraps as a sandwich spread to add a spicy kick; you can skip the butter or margarine.
- Mix it with coleslaw or potato salad for a zesty twist.
- Drizzle it over grilled meats such as grilled chicken breast, roasted pork belly, or grilled seafood to enhance the flavors.
- Add it to pasta for a delicious creamy, spicy chicken pasta.
- trickle over your salad like a regular mayonnaise for a salad dressing that will put a spring in your step.
- Add chopped gherkins to this all-purpose spicy mayo as a burger sauce that tastes just like big mac sauce. I do this whenever we cook burgers at home, and it’s a real winner.
Tips to Help You Make the Best Spicy Mayonnaise
- Make sure all the ingredients, including the egg and oil, are at room temperature to ensure a smooth emulsion.
- Adjust the spiciness level by using different chili varieties or adjusting the quantity of chili used. If you want a less spicy sauce, you can either reduce the number of chilies, remove the pith and seeds or opt for a milder variety.
- Why not all some ketchup or tomato paste for a twist on a Marie Rose sauce? Another excellent sauce recipe made to have with seafood.
- Experiment with different spices and herbs to personalize the flavor profile.
Storing Your Homemade Spicy Mayonnaise
When storing your homemade spicy mayo, it is important to ensure that it remains shelf stable for maximum freshness and safety.
Firstly, it is crucial to store spicy mayo in an airtight container to prevent any bacterial contamination. Glass mason jars or plastic containers with tight-fitting lids are excellent options for this purpose.
Secondly, it is essential to refrigerate the spicy mayo sauce promptly after making it, as it contains perishable ingredients like eggs and mayonnaise. The cool temperature of the refrigerator will inhibit the growth of bacteria and keep the spicy mayo fresh for a more extended period. Proper refrigeration will also help maintain the overall quality and flavor of the spicy mayo.
Lastly, consuming the spicy mayo within one to two weeks is advisable as you want the best taste and to ensure it’s safe, so it’s best to avoid making big batches of this mayo.
Be sure to check for any changes in texture, color, or smell before using it after the recommended period. Following these storing guidelines, you can enjoy your homemade spicy mayo safely and with full flavors.
Conclusion to Perinaise, the Sensational Homemade Spicy Mayo Recipe That Brings the Heat
There you have it, a delicious and fiery Spicy Peri-Peri Mayonnaise (Perinaise) that’s perfect for chili lovers and anyone who enjoys a little hot sauce in their meals. This homemade version will impress with its bold flavors and versatility in various dishes. So, fire up your taste buds and enjoy this delightful condiment that adds a kick to any meal!
If you liked this recipe, why not try my spicy ketchup?
If you want a more traditional Nando’s style chicken recipe – I can help with that too!
Perinaise – Spicy Mayo Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Different Types of Hot Sauce to Make Quick & Easy Spicy Mayo?
If you’re looking to create a quick and easy spicy mayo on the go without the fuss and without using fresh chilies, numerous types of hot chili sauce can be used to add that extra fiery kick to your mayo. Whether you prefer a smoky flavor or vinegary and tangy, there is a hot sauce for every taste bud.
- Spicy sriracha mayo: One popular type of hot sauce that can be used is Sriracha sauce, known for its garlicky undertones and medium heat level. Combine the mayonnaise and sriracha and adjust the quantities to suit your palette. If you like a hotter sriracha hot sauce, try out The Sting, I ramped up the heat levels on this household hot sauce, which would be great in a sriracha mayo recipe.
- Tabasco mayo: Another option is Tabasco sauce, which offers a milder flavor with its signature vinegar tang.
- Chipotle mayo: For those who enjoy a smokier taste, chipotle hot sauce is an excellent choice, infused with the smoldering flavor of smoked jalapenos.
- Habanero mayo: If you’re looking for a unique twist, you can even try using habanero sauce, which packs a powerful punch of heat and fruity undertones.
Ultimately, the choice of hot sauce will depend on your preference and the spiciness you desire for your spicy mayo.
Can You Make Spicy Mayo Using Only 3 Ingredients?
Yes, you can make spicy mayo using only three ingredients.
Spicy mayo is a popular condiment that adds a zesty kick to various dishes. As mentioned above, you can skip to the easy part to avoid the hassle of making your mayo!
To make it, you will need three simple ingredients – mayonnaise, hot sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Start by taking a few tablespoons of mayonnaise in a bowl.
Add hot sauce according to your preference, whether it’s a mild or intense flavor you desire. It’s important to note that hot sauce variation will determine the level of spiciness.
Then, squeeze half a lime into the mixture to add a tangy twist. Mix the ingredients until they are well incorporated, and the mayo turns light orange.
You can adjust the amounts of each ingredient according to your taste. Spicy mayo is versatile and can be used as a dip for fries, a drizzle for sushi rolls, a spread for burgers, or even a salad dressing.
How Long Does it Take to Make this Recipe?
Making this recipe (including the mayo) is quick and easy, taking only 10-15 minutes from start to finish.
Overall, the entire process of making this spicy mayo recipe can be done within a short amount of time. So whether you need a quick condiment for sandwiches or a spicy dip for fries, this recipe is perfect for fulfilling those cravings in no time.
Can I Change Up the Ingredients in My Spicy Mayo?
Yes, you can change up the ingredients in your spicy mayo to suit your taste preferences.
For example, add a few drops of toasted sesame oil to your spicy mayo to give it a subtle nutty flavor and aroma. Sesame oil has a rich and distinctive taste that can complement the spiciness of the mayo. However, it’s essential to use it sparingly, as the flavor of sesame oil can easily overpower the other ingredients. You can start with a small amount and gradually adjust according to your liking.
I love a dash of Frank’s hot sauce in my mayo with a quick chicken dish. You only need 3 to 4 drops to get a nice hint of spice from the creamy mayo.
In my Spicy Mayo video, you’ll see that I have experimented with hotter chilies, too, such as the Moruga Scorpion.
So, get creative with your spicy mayo and customize it to your preference.